Friday 16 October 2015

Outsiders - Against The Current

Pop-rock band, Against The Current, have just released their first single 'Outsiders' with Fueled By Ramen. As I'm sure some of you have gathered, Fueled By Ramen (alongside DCD2) is my favourite label, signing some of the best artists around and they haven't disappointed. 'Outsider' will grab your attention from beginning to end and is definitely a brilliant start to what I'm sure will be a brilliant career for this band.


'We are outsiders living inside a broken world'
 
This song speaks to all those who feel left out or lonely and brings them together. It's songs like these that connect with a listener on an emotional level and make you want to come back and listen again. It's one of those songs that make you want to dance around and sing at the top of your lungs, similar to artists like Panic! At The Disco, Halsey and Paramore.
 
 
'We are outsiders
And I know sometimes it can hurt
But it gets better yeah we’ll make it through
We’ll stay golden when we’re black and blue
We are outsiders, but we’re not hiding anymore
This is who we really are'
 
They are certainly going 'Against The Current', the whole concept of the song fits into this idea of being different and accepting that instead of changing yourself. I love the message of the lyrics, I love the feel good tune and I just love the delivery. If anything, the song feels over too soon; you are so pulled in by the music that you don't realise it's been nearly 4 minutes.
 
I'll have this song in my head for days now and will undoubtedly be putting it on repeat and adding it to my favourite playlists. Keep an eye out for 'Against The Current' because if their releases stay at this level (and hopefully they'll continue to improve) then we are in for a treat, try and catch them on their tour and go download 'Outsiders' - you won't regret it.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment