Tuesday 3 March 2015

Oh What A Life - American Authors

What's not to love? You have a group of attractive and talented guys making brilliant music. This album has a real feel-good vibe, I find it nearly impossible not to dance, sing along and smile. The band really come into their own on this debut album, there's definitely a distinct sound but not so defined that there is no room for change in the future.

'Best Day of My Life' was a massive hit and was one of the reasons I decided to listen to their other stuff, and what a great decision that turned out to be! The album doesn't stray too far from that sound and I think that it helps make their music recognisable and really makes the album flow.

One of my favourites from the album is 'Believer', as it is such a feel good song and 'Luck' is not much different. I really can't fault anything on the album. I love every part of it.

In my opinion it's a real party starter and is loved by all ages, my 8 year-old sister absolutely loves American Authors but especially 'Hit It' which has her dancing around like an idiot. The whole reason I got into American Authors is because I heard they were going on tour with OneRepublic and just had to hear what they were all about. I can only imagine how amazing these guys are live, from what I've heard they get the crowd going and it's obvious how much they enjoy playing live.

I can't wait to see what the guys do next, they are currently working on their next album and I can only guess that it will be at least as good as this one! And if you needed more reason to love them, they are incredibly nice people and constantly find the time to interact and engage with their fans; something many bands don't value enough. Check out the album, I promise it'll be worth your time.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment