Friday 22 May 2015

This Summer's Gonna Hurt Like A Motherf***er - Maroon 5

I'll admit, when I fist saw the title of their next single I was a little sceptical about where Maroon 5 were going. Since their first alum 'Songs About Jane' their sound has developed and changed massively, both winning and losing them fans.

But this song doesn't disappoint. I can see it being a real summer song, definitely playing at all the decent parties. After one listen I was singing along and you really can't not dance to this tune. What's more is that it doesn't stray to far from their previous songs, just a real feel good, summer party track.
I really love everything about this song, I think the vocals are just brilliant. There is something so individual about Adam Levine, you can tell immediately that it's him singing and I love that they embrace this and use it to their advantage. This song does that perfectly, with Adam hitting notes flawlessly. The rock star persona perfectly fitting the whole tone of the song, check the video out below.

Just to add to the brilliance of this song; it's really quite therapeutic. If you haven't heard it yet, then go and do that. Because belting out that chorus really does calms you down and it's just an awesome song. So buy the single (or pre-order it), watch the lyric video and keep your eyes peeled, because if this is the standard of their next album then it is 100% something to get excited about. If you like the song, and their other stuff, then you may be in luck, because Maroon 5 are on their world tour. See if they are performing near you and check it out!

 
What a bunch of cuties! Can you imagine seeing these guys live? No me either.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment