Monday 1 June 2015

5AM - Amber Run

The album ‘5 AM’ is the debut album of Nottingham based band 'Amber Run', and in no way disappoints. Although fairly unknown their song ‘I Found’ brought people in with its beautiful melody and lyrics, for those who are aware of their music already, the album is just as brilliant.

‘I Found’ is a perfect introduction to the album; a really brilliant way to introduce people to their music. It was the first song I’d heard by Amber Run and is wholly to blame for me becoming a massive fan of theirs. For more on this song in particular, check out my earlier review:
http://thomsonmusicreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/i-found-amber-run.html

Interestingly they use interludes, which is fairly unusual for the majority of modern albums and when I first saw them on the track list I was sceptical, however it definitely works wonderfully. It helps ease into the next song with heavenly melodies, the music is brilliant and I really am struggling to come up with words to do their music justice.
The music ranges from the emotional ‘I Found’ to more upbeat and happy songs like ‘Spark’ which is a personal favourite of mine there really is nothing I dislike; the lyrics are engaging and delivered with such sincerity that as a listener you are drawn in, the melody itself is like a living thing that gets louder in all the right places giving the song (and the others on the album) a fluid feel.

 
One theme that seems to recur throughout the album is the idea of making the most of life and although a common theme in music at the moment Amber Run seem to make it feel new, different and exciting. ‘Noah’ being a brilliant example of this with its feel good tune and lyrics that really do make you want to go out and do something worthwhile.
The title track ‘5AM’ is another gem. The album is packed with them, in fact, not a single song disappoints and I think ‘5AM’ really does encapsulate the feel of the band and their music and that of the whole album too. After one listen you can sing along and from the first few seconds you’re captivated by it and the pure emotion that it evokes.
 
The boys have a stunning debut album and I only see them getting better. With an album this great I don’t see them not getting more attention. Perfect doesn’t do this album justice. I am more in love with these guys than I was before and if you haven’t heard their music then I strongly suggest doing so – these guys are going to be big.
If you haven't got this album already go out and buy it right now! You won't regret it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment