Tuesday 2 June 2015

Hozier Live @ The Roundhouse - 1/06/2015

This was possibly the best concert I've ever been to. It was flawlessly beautiful and so effortlessly perfect, I don't think it's possible for anyone to have left being disappointed. They somehow managed to replicate the amazing sound of the album in front of the crowd yet providing a different energy. To add to all this the venue was brilliant and the staff were absolutely lovely! The Roundhouse is probably my favourite venue; the staff are always lovely, the building itself is extraordinary and the quality of the concert (sound and visually) is always perfect, no matter where you sit/stand.


When I first saw 'Wyvern Lingo' as the support act I'll admit I wasn't over the moon, but they really were brilliant. Three girls from Ireland who can really sing, playing their own instruments and having a good time. The band is fairly unknown, but I think as they develop as artists over time that the sky is the limit. Finding a identity would really help, there were times it seemed disconnected but it was still all lovely music and definitely a nice ay to lead on to the main act.

Hozier. What can I say? I was speechless. It felt homely and relaxed, possibly related to the rugs they put down which I thought was a brilliant touch. There is something about Hozier that is so endearing and you really feel connected to him, his effortless style fits nicely with the tone of the concert and his music. He managed to capture the attention of the audience with his voice and music alone which is rare, it wasn't an energetic performance in terms of movement on the stage but dynamic in a way that can't really be described. For many of the songs there was almost a respectful silence; he really is just that amazing.

(Not my photo, but is from the iTunes Festival at the Roundhouse)

One of the things I loved most was the lighting, it was done so well throughout the show and helped create the perfect atmosphere for each song. This too aided the dynamics of the concert and ensured those with wandering thoughts stayed engaged. In particular I loved the lighting for 'Arsonist's Lullaby', below is the video I took from the concert so excuse the quality.
 
I 100% recommend a Hozier concert to anyone and everyone! It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I'm so glad I've had the opportunity to se someone so talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment