Wednesday 3 June 2015

Weatherman - Colton Avery

I am in love with Colton Avery. No lie. Not only is he a super talented singer, but a really lovely guy too. Always willing to reply to direct messages and seems nothing more than thankful for the support he's getting. He's currently touring with The Script and thankfully being introduced to Script fans around the world which is only helping to boost his fame and put smiles on our faces. The only thing that really sucks - no new music.

I love his first album, it sounds amazing and in particular a song called 'To The Ocean' which is just any girl's dream. I fell in love listening to that song and have to listen to it every day, it never fails to make me smile. (Whilst simultaneously reminding me I'm destined to be forever alone.) So I can't not share this with you, below is the video although not the one I usually watch as it wouldn't let me put that it.
What I'm actually loosely writing this review about is a song called 'Weatherman'. Which I'm sure the majority of fans who scour YouTube for his videos hope will be his next single. Colton's sound definitely seems to have changed since the first album, with 'Weatherman's reggae vibes very different from the chilled sound of his first album. You can't help but dance around to this song, after one listen I was already singing along and had it on repeat for days.

Despite being a song about heartbreak and dealing with it or the aftermath, it always puts a smile on my face; a recurring theme when it comes to Colton Avery. As a little treat for all us hard-core fans, Colton recorded this version of the song with the help of Danny O'Donoghue and Mark Sheehan. I just love everything about this song, and this version despite the antics of Mark.

This guy is without a doubt going to be huge. I know that as soon as his new music is released I'll be buying it and I am anxiously awaiting a solo UK tour because I refuse to miss a performance by this amazing singer. I recommend this to absolutely everyone, I've already forced my friends into listening to it and convinced my Mum that we should see him live. So just in case you weren't convinced, I'll leave you with these two nuggets....

 
Talk about a performance, right? Seeing this guy live is on my bucket list.
 
Finding pictures of Colton Avery is so much harder than I thought! But definitely check out his Facebook and Twitter to find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment