Thursday 30 July 2015

Be There - Seafret

I think I've made it pretty clear in past reviews that I love Seafret and that hasn't changed. The acoustic duo seem to fit into a gap in the market that I never knew existed - but I wouldn't want it any other way.


Just when I thought they couldn't get any better I finally got around to listening to 'Be There' and I was just blown away. I think I listened to it about 15 times before even starting to write this and I was definitely singing along after listening the first time.

In 'Be There' we hear a different sound to the acoustic duo. And I really, really like it. This song is in a category of it's own, with it's acoustic sound mixed with this aggressive almost rock-like sound. As soon as I heard the chorus I fell impossibly further in love. Although it does move away a little from their previous releases, not massively so, and it still sticks with their emotive lyrics and centres around a strong and engaging melody.


The video itself is as emotive as the song, when the two are coupled it creates a really emotional and engaging video and I'll admit I was getting a little teary over here. I love how it shows you snippets of different people's lives and their struggles and how they escape and finding that person to 'Be There'. One of the things I love about Seafret is they take you on a journey, in every song you're taken somewhere else and that is an incredible gift to have.

"You're my way out, you're my way through,
And I can't, I can't 
Be without you"
 
This theme, almost one of reliance, forms the basis of the song and it's something that resounds with every listener, we will all have something that helps us get through life be it a sport, a person, a memory or music - there is always something. Again, Seafret have this uncanny ability to write songs that you can't help but connect to and that can be taken differently by every listener giving it a more intimate feel. And this connection between artist and listener is something many popular songs are missing, but Seafret seem able to forge this connection with every song.
 
I say it every time, but I know that these guys are destined to be big and you should definitely keep an eye on them because they are only getting bigger and better with every song. If you liked this then listen to their other stuff and buy it now!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment