Saturday 15 August 2015

Murder - Colton Avery

As you know, I'm a massive fan of Colton Avery who has just released his most recent song - Murder. And it does not disappoint in any way. After touring with The Script fans were anxiously awaiting the music they'd heard on stage, then came the disappearance of all Colton's old music from iTunes and Spotify which had everyone excited for what must be coming soon. When I saw this was out there, I honestly nearly fell off my chair in a rush to listen to this song.

I love it. It makes me want to get up and dance and sing along as loud as possible, it's the perfect song for your summer. There's something about the tone of Colton's voice that goes straight to my heart and puts a smile on my face. You feel like this song is being sung directly to you and I think everyone is able to identify with the lyrics, it's that connection which is so vital in making a successful track. I love how much energy is packed into this song. It isn't really like anything I've listened to recently, with it's reggae roots mixed with an almost pop sound. It's just a brilliant song really.



I actually can't put into words how I feel about this song. It really is just fabulous. The song takes you on a journey both sonically and lyrically, for those 3 minutes and 30 seconds you are completely captivated by this song. You'll find yourself singing along to this song in no time. This song burrows into your brain, you won't be able to get it out of your head.

It's definitely given me high hopes for what else will be coming our way; keep an eye out for more brilliance from this guy.

 


I spoke to Colton earlier in the year, if you haven't seen it already take a look:
http://thomsonmusicreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/interview-with-colton-avery.html

No comments:

Post a Comment