Thursday 27 August 2015

Roots - Imagine Dragons

Imagine Dragons shot to fame after the release of 'Radioactive' from their debut album Night Visions, the album itself was just as highly talked about. Their second album did not disappoint, and I think I speak for everyone when I say we weren't expecting more. On social media the band were collecting photo's of people's roots under the hashtag #MYROOTS, their own profile pictures were turned black and for a while we were all a little confused and pretty excited. And out of nowhere, they released a single - Roots.

I was in love when I heard the 13 second spoiler on Twitter and the rest of the song did not
disappoint. As usual, Imagine Dragons experiment with their sound whilst still sticking with something that is undeniably them. This song takes a more electronic approach than some of their other songs, but I think it's a refreshing change and it's great to see a single like this from them.

 
 
Like all Imagine Dragons songs, the lyrics are astounding. They stick with you and I'm sure you'll be singing along to this one before it's finished playing first time round. Dan Reynolds is such a talented writer and this song really isn't any different, the songs explore the idea of going back to your roots and following a path that wasn't right for you and coming back from that. It's something that everyone can relate to and that's a skill Imagine Dragons have mastered - there isn't one song on any of their albums that I can't relate to in some way.
 
This one is going to be big. If I was you I would buy this immediately, as soon as it's released in the UK I'll be listening to it on repeat.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment